Stephanie's Blog

Live life to the fullest!

Driving, Here I Come!

March2

Guess what? I got my “L“! WOOHOO! So a little on my experience of taking the knowledge test:

After much waiting, here came my big day – March 2, 2012.  The Knowledge Test was supposed to be taken 2 weeks ago on my birthday, however, I caught a cold and my body was off, so I was forced to defer my once-in-a-lifetime plan (due to my parents’ schedule conflicts with work).

Trust me, you need to eat a huge breakfast (or meal) before going because your anxiety will burn off a lot of energy.  And remember not to drink too much water before attending the test, or you’ll suffer the consequences…which I did.

Before we left home, I studied the B.C Driving Guide over and over again to refresh my memories.  It’s absolutely normal to panic!  Take deep breaths and exhale slowly to reduce your stress level.

Arriving at the Port Coquitlam Driving Licensing Office, I was required to present two pieces of picture ID, $15 for the test fee, and $10 for my Class 7 photo learner’s licence, and a parent to sign my license application.  The employees were extremely friendly and helpful – which calmed my nerves a lot.  Though I had always felt younger than my age because of my height, the employee’s question came as a surprise to me when he asked, “Are you trying to get your license for your 19th birthday?”  Uh-huh, No hard feelings.  After signing some papers, I was given a number to wait for the next instruction.

Soon, a lady called me over for payment and picture-taking.  She went over the procedures for the test and answered any questions I had.  Then I was assigned to a station to embrace my fate.  There were already other adults completing the Knowledge Test, and some, didn’t look quite good: rubbing their hands together until it seemed like their skin would peel off or scratching their heads till dandruff flew out.  The flashing “Start” button on the computer screen had suddenly become menacingly intimidating.  Taking a deep breath, I touched the screen.  Here goes nothing.

To be honest, the test was actually not as difficult as I thought.  Other than signs, the rest is basically common sense.  I’m not saying that you should just take the test without studying, but you must understand the rules/situations to apply common sense.  Here’s a little tip: review
the Online Practice Knowledge Test repeatedly.  Exams will be stopped automatically when you reach a score of 40 before you mess up 10 questions.  I let out a sigh of relief when “Congratulations” blinked on the screen.  Yes, I passed!

Don’t be surprised when you see me on the road :)

2 Comments to

“Driving, Here I Come!”

1. March 3rd, 2012 at 5:17 pm       Quirien Mulder Says:

Congrats, Stephanie. You passed on your first try. Enjoy the road. Enjoy your driving lessons and let us know how they work out
    QMtK

2. March 4th, 2012 at 12:44 am       Talons Stephanie Says:

Thank-you Ms. Mulder! :)

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: